Monday, July 20, 2015

Apples and adventures

A friend called to ask if we would like a few apples.   I was delighted and quickly made plans to run pick them up.  The kids were excited because we got a brand new Apple peeler.  (Our old one died during Apple season last year)!  
A few apples turned out to be literally 2 bushels.  We are thankful to Nanette and Gerald for thinking of us, as well as for doing the actual picking before we arrived!  The little ones helped me get started.  We peeled and sliced one bushel today.  It took the better part of the afternoon, but they had fun!   
We got 8 jars of Apple pie filling, and our house smells like heaven because we have Apple butter cooking in the crockpot. Mallory has to work an early shift tomorrow and is hoping it will be done for breakfast!   We also had an apple crisp for dinner, but it was gone before I took a photo!  Tomorrow we will be attempting a few more jars of Apple pie filling and some Apple sauce.  The kids love Apple sauce, but I have never made it before.  
Cameron is away at FBLA camp.  He was so excited about it!  It looks like he was working hard!  
And because we strive to be crazy cat people, today we took in this little beauty. Her name is Dagmar Overbye.  Last week, I accidentally ran over Teddy.  The kids were crushed.  We got Rader as a sort of sorry please forgive me cat.  The same day we got Rader, Jodi got a kitty too.  Unfortunately, Jodi couldn't keep hers.  I told her she could stay here and I am hoping we don't have any more mishaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment