Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Mid week randomness

Mallory and Madison have been working tons of hours at Brookside   Even though they live here, I don't feel like we see much of them.  Madison is also taking some summer school classes, so she is really insanely busy.   They are both looking forward to a vacation next week to New York.   I am happy for them to have some time to actually have some fun.   And yes, the photo below is of Madison feeding a goat off of a spoon.  I threw that spoon in the trash.  
Quincy played in her last regular season game tonight.  She played so well!  She spent the night playing 3rd base.   She also had a single and a 3 run triple.  She is gearing up for her post season tournament.  
This weekend, Jim and I took a huge risk (I felt it was a risk, Jim was confident the whole time it would be fine).  We changed the sand in our pool filter   For the first time this year. The water is actually clear   You can even see some leaves or something on the bottom, which I will vacuum out just as soon as the weather warms up beyond 70 degrees!  I cannot believe how chilly it has been the past couple of days!  
Our Blitz is getting big and she doesn't like to sit for a photo.   Harper tried to help me.  
Teddy has settled into outdoor life nicely. He has even befriended Jack and the one baby she has left.  The baby is named Chocolate. I let the lack of a serial killer name slide since this kitty is going to  be a barn cat at grandma's house. I might also mention that Madison didn't really want to put Teddy outside, and she actually bought cat diapers.  Yes they make them.  Yes, she is crazy.  And no we will not be using them. 
Today was the first day we let the new goats out with the others. They seemed like they got along just fine.  I was happy, as I didn't need any goat drama or fatalities going on! 
I conned Cameron into going to town with me yesterday to get Harper's glasses fixed and pick up the new cat.  He bought a selfie stick and insisted we try it out.  
When I was looking at photos tonight with Saige, she was sad she wasn't included in the picture.  Easy to fix! 

1 comment:

  1. The selfie stick pics make me laugh! We saw these ALL OVER CHINA! Everywhere we turned someone was taking a selfie with a stick:)
    We have been loving this cool weather too, actually turned the AC off and opened all the windows in the house! Last night, it even rained here!
    Our ball season is over too, July has actually slowed down a bit though we are getting ready for the fair now!

    ReplyDelete