Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Summer stuff

Mower problems seem to be excessive this year.   Between the push mower, the riding mower and the weed wacker, poor Jim had been spending an excessive amount of time between the garage and the parts store.  
Mallory bought herself a new car this weekend.  Colin bought her old Honda.  Our insurance people think we are crazy. She is super excited about it.  The only problem is that goats love cars.  Their lives have been threatened.  
Cameron has a Saturday job as a gardener.  I am starting to love him working with these people.  This was the best sweet corn I have had in a long time!  He also brought home purple potatoes which taste like normal potatoes but are more beautiful.  
We have reached the point in summer where I try to get the kids in for physicals, eye exams and teeth cleanings.  This week Harper got her kindergarten glasses!  She is happy because her old pair was so bad she could hardly see through the scratches.  I was happy because this pair has extra springs so they actually fold out, which I hope means less stretching and breaking. 
Harper always lets Blitz in.  Blitz knows that Harper has no control over her and I often find them cuddled together on the couch.  Harper and Blitz both know that dogs aren't supposed to be on furniture....and as soon as I walked in the living room Harper blurted out "Blitz is not sitting on the couch."   Oh.  Ok.  Carry on then.  I think it is funny how Blitz looks like she is laughing at me.  
Quincy catches critters.  All. The.  Time.  This was the biggest toad I have ever seen. He has been released back into the wild. I am thankful she wasn't with me this morning when I left for work and there was a huge black snake across our driveway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment