Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tourney time

Quincy had her first game last night in her post season tournament.  Her tournament is in Carbondale.   Since Mallory and Madison were home packing up for New York, I left the little kids at home with them and Jim and I went to the game.  About the time it was supposed to start I got 2 texts.   The first one was from my friend Adreinne saying Carbondale was going to get hit by a storm with a possible tornado in it.   But where we were sitting we could see the storm and we were not really in the path. The second text was from Mallory asking if I was going to come home because there was a tornado on the ground in Hutchinson.   I laughed to Jim that Mallory probably had the kids in the basement while Colin and Cameron were swimming.   :)
After a couple of thunder delays, the game was postponed until this evening.  
This evening was pretty miserably hot.  We kept the girls wet, and forced them to drink a ton of water.   Quincy played 1st base, third base and shortstop.  She played amazingly well, causing several outs. She also hit a single and a 3 run triple. Their team won and so we have to go back again.....they are still alive! 
I heard from the traveling girls that even though their flight was delayed they made it to the Big Apple safely.   I hope they have a great trip!  

No comments:

Post a Comment