Monday, December 21, 2015

The eye thing

The good news is I most likely won't be needing this neat eye patch my mother gave me.  The Dr. at Ku Med did not think I have melanoma.  His associate agreed. They ran a lot of tests including a sonogram of my eye which sort of freaked me out, but turned out to not be that bad. The bad news is they do not know what is in my eye. It is something they had never seen before.  They disagreed between the two doctors on what it might be. One thought a cyst, one thought it might possibly be some lymphoma cells that had migrated into my eye from someplace else. They suggested that I follow up with my regular doctor for a few tests and follow up with them in 3 months.  If the spot changes we will have to do more testing at that time.  If it doesn't, I guess we will just watch it.   So good news that it wasn't the terrible diagnosis I was given a few days back, but sort of odd that they had no real answers.  I will take it as good news and count myself amongst the blessed.  

1 comment:

  1. That is some serious bling!!! Maybe it is a good thing you won't need it.

    ReplyDelete