Saturday, December 12, 2015

A stellar Saturday

Seems like most Saturday's this time of the year find Jim and I having to split out and cover the activities.  Since Jim hadn't had an opportunity to watch Colin wrestle, he went to Garnett while I covered the 4-H community service morning. 
I am very impressed with the kids who worked this morning.  We cleaned up the senior citizen apartment complex in Overbrook.  The kids bagged up a ton of leaves, swept off sidewalks, picked up sticks, and ate donuts.  Donuts, it turns out, are a great motivator for the 6-10 year old crowd!  
Several of the residents came out to thank the kids for their work.  The kids were getting a kick out of telling them they were "making the best better".  I admit, kids crack me up.  On the way home, our kids said they wished they could do more service because it feels good to do things for people.  I was pretty pleased with that conversation.  After all, it doesn't cost a cent to help people.  

Jim did a pretty good job of keeping me updated on how Colin was doing.  He ended up placing 4th for the day. Overall, I would call this day a huge success!

No comments:

Post a Comment