Thursday, December 17, 2015

Crazy days

Saige and I attended the bank's holiday open house last week. Monday, they called to tell her she won. Her prize was a giant candy bar.  Saige is amazingly well behaved at my office in the mornings, and often sets up all her doll stuff under a spare desk and plays quietly.  That is why I didn't notice she was under there eating the entire thing.  Every last bite!  Luckily she has an iron stomach and didn't get sick!  
I had to run a few errands and got a huge kick out of Saige and my sing along.  She is sort of a hoot with her musical talent. 
And speaking of musical talent, Monday night, Cameron had a band concert.  It was in the new auditorium.  The new auditorium is nice enough, but I will say that I found its amenities to be a bit disappointing.  The band sounded great though.  I am proud of Cameron's love of music. 

Tuesday, Preston's stuco group served dinner to less fortunate children in Topeka.  They planned the meal and each kid brought part of it.  He said it made him feel thankful for things that he takes for granted.  He is such a soft hearted kid.  
While Preston was out making the world better, we were attending Cameron's basketball game.  Cameron's team lost a heartbreaker.  I sometimes think it is easier to just get creamed than to lose a game at the buzzer.  
Today was the Overbrook school Christmas lunch.  Harper was a great hostess.  This time, I snuck in my own salt.  Pasty food tastes better with salt!  
Saige loved going, but I felt like her lunch was a waste of money since she only ate a few bites.  Next time, maybe we just buy her a milk!  
This evening, Harper had her kindergarten music program. She was very excited and even asked me to curl her hair.  She is so shy I think she was sort of  worried about it.  
She did a great job!  Some of the kids ran away, and a couple were punching and kicking. Harper knew all the songs and actions and didn't try to escape so I think she did amazing!  
And I spent the evening thinking my feelings from Monday were clearly justified. 

No comments:

Post a Comment