Friday, December 25, 2015

Happy Birthday Jesus!

It's been a marathon of Christmas here.  We started out at our annual Christmas Eve party with the Lang Gang.  The kids had a lot of fun playing with their cousins, eating like fools, trying to get one decent photo of all the cousins together, and opening gifts.  
The only thing Cameron really wanted this year was a pogo stick.  He was very pleased!  
The top of Quincy's list was an incubator.  She has grand plans for hatching her own laying hens this spring!   She would also like to give some duck and peacock eggs a spin.   
It was such a fun night.   I appreciate my sister in law taking such good care of this tradition.  
After the party, the kids and I attended 11pm mass at St. John's with my parents and sister.  It had been a really long time since I went to church there.  It is the church Jim and I were married in.  It was a beautiful service and it was filled with good memories for me.  I don't know why I don't attend mass there more often, it isn't far away.  I always love going there.  Life happens I guess.  
This morning, the kids actually let us sleep until 7!  We have had a nice little quiet Christmas.  
We finally had some time to put together our gingerbread house.  It was a better effort than last time, but we really do not excel at this activity.  We had fun trying.  This time, the kit I bought was missing a wall!  We had to improvise.  
The little girls were exceedingly happy.  I have to share this little story about my kids.  Last year, Preston and Quincy pooled their birthday money on Black Friday and bought themselves a trampoline. About a month later, we had a big storm which whipped the trampoline into a tree and ruined it.  They were pretty upset and understandably sad.  This year, the big kids pooled their money and bought the little guys a new trampoline.  They made the arrangements to buy it, hide it and get it here this morning as a surprise.  They made the little kids sit under a blanket while they brought it inside!  
The little ones were so excited!  I was pretty proud of my big kids.  
Colin and Cameron helped them get it set up.   
And broken in!  
It has been an excellent Christmas!  We are so very blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment