Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Some moments in time

Almost year ago I stripped the wallpaper border off the dining room wall.  I have been in a mental battle of colors.  What I wanted was a nice olive green, but since the hallway and adjoining area are painted red, it seemed too much.  I brought home several paint swatches and had them taped up but didn't ever make a real decision.  And then Mallory decided to get involved.  She said leave it to me.  I did.  She picked out this creamy yellow color and she also did a pretty good amount of the painting.  I think it was therapeutic on her fall break!  
We did the kitchen and dining room.  I love how it looks.  Of course, I love paint.  Nothing makes a room feel brighter and cleaner than a good coat of fresh paint.  
Preston is playing basketball on a team with his best buddies.  They won't start games for a while yet, but they started practices this week.  He is really looking forward to the season.  I had to giggle at his enthusiasm.  
I got a small second job.  I am the new treasurer for the Elk Township.  It is just a couple hours per month, but I needed to stay in town after I got off of my regular job today because of it.  Jim, Saige and I met for a quick lunch at the bar next door to where I work.  We realized we might be regular customers when the lady recited our regular order for us.  It was reiterated when they invited Saige to help them set up their Christmas decorations. She had a great time, and they gave her a bowl of ice cream as payment for her hard work!  
The downfall is that Saige now knows the bar has ice cream on their menu.  
This afternoon, I ran to pick up greenery that Cameron sold.  I got home right at dusk and turned into the driveway to see 2 little deer.  They just stood there chewing grass and looking at me like "what are you doing here?"   I took a few not very good photos. I love the creatures we see in our yard on a regular basis.  Well, except for the skunk...he can leave at any time!  
Madison is taking a class called professional cooking.   She had her final this week and has to prepare several dishes for it.  Tonight we were treated to her practicing for her final!   We had a feast of smothered chicken, roasted vegetables, amazing salad, and cream of broccoli soup.  I was a lot more excited about the soup than any of the kids were!  
I would give her an A if I was grading her. Dinner was amazing!   Also, I hope she takes more classes she needs to practice on in the near future!  

No comments:

Post a Comment