Sunday, June 19, 2016

Oh wowsa!

We are masters of packing activities into a weekend!  It is good that we love chaos!  Friday, Quincy had a game at Osage City.  She played well.  They were tied and went into I don't t recall how many extra innings.  They brought her into the game to pitch in the final 2 innings.   She did a great job of striking out batters.  Her team ended up winning by 3.  Late night!  
The thing I enjoy about watching Quincy play, no matter where they put her on the field, she plays hard and understands the position.  She is a competitor for sure!  She got that from her daddy.  
Saturday morning, Saige had a Tball game.  She does a good job paying attention and loves playing.  I get a kick out of her holding her helmet on while she runs bases.  
While I was at Tball, Mallory   texted to say that the small spot of poison ivy Preston picked up at camp had become a pretty full fledged case.  It was complete with spots on his face, and between his fingers.  I wanted to make some posters for my class reunion, but instead, I took Preston to express care!  We also went to dillons to get him steroids!  It always amazes me how fast steroids work.  Yesterday he was covered, today the spots look dry and some are even disappearing.  He says he feels much less itchy. 
Saturday evening was my 25th class reunion.  We didn't do a whole lot of work on this, mostly just contacting people on facebook.  The word spread and I heard from approximately half of my classmates.  Not all of those who contacted me showed up, but as a first effort in 25 years, I felt like it was a success.  I had a good time reminiscing and relaxing with old friends.  
While I was catching up with old friends, Jim took Preston to his ballgame where Preston's team mercy ruled their opponent and then they went fishing.  Quincy said the fish were biting like crazy and they ended up catching a lot!  
They even took a few photos for me!  
Today we celebrated Father's Day with this guy. Jim's idea  of how to celebrate is "chillin and grillin!"   It is one of many reasons why I love him so much. He likes being at home as much as I do!  Seriously, I don't think I could have gotten a better guy to be my kid's dad.  
The grill masters even let him relax and they cooked him some mighty fine various meats.  They also spent the evening watching the final playoff game.  Honestly, I don't enjoy the NBA, but I didn't have to watch because I took the little guys to their 4-H meeting and swim party.  
I love this little but mighty club.  We aren't small in numbers, but most of the members are in the 10 and under age group.  It doesn't stop them from getting a lot done, or from having a great time!  
I think I am ready for a break.  I guess I will go back to work!  

No comments:

Post a Comment