Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Summer lovin'

Summer is my favorite.  Although  a source of mild contention between Jim and I, baseball is not my favorite sport.  But....when my kids are playing I truly do love to watch.  I also love to have a few minutes to sit and visit with friends and perhaps enjoy a nacho or a cold drink.  
Preston's team this year is so much fun to watch.  I can almost understand Jim's undying love of the sport when watching these boys.  They are really talented and play together amazingly well.  They also have a coach who we respect and like.  That helps a lot.  
Preston has been playing great!  He is having fun and he is enjoying time spent playing with great friends.  That is the reason we do this.  
Quincy, in the other hand is on a team that  struggles a little bit more.  Quincy is playing really well though, and seems to be having fun since it is time she gets to hang out with her bff.  
It is hard to tell in this photo, but it is 4 little cousins playing Tball all in a row!  Lilly, Ava, Saige and Ryan.  It is so much fun having them all play together.  There are more cousins too, but they are on the other team!  
I love a good summer storm.  I also am in love with Kansas!  Loving where you are in life is a blessing.  I am very fortunate in that respect.  
I decided that summer league basketball is nice due to the gyms being air conditioned.  Cameron's team has some struggles, but I do believe they are improving.  We also think the new coach is pretty good.  Cameron played in a tournament at Northern Heights on Saturday, and that worked well because Jim was able to go watch that way.  The summer league games start too early for Jim to get to many of them.  
I enjoy having some evenings to watch Cameron and visit with him on the journey.  He is growing up way too fast and it seems like I don't get to see him much.  Busy kid!  
I can't believe June is almost over!  It is incredible how time flies when you are having fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment