Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The big 21!




Today is Mallory and Madison's 21st birthday. Mallory wasn't home and had to celebrate with her roommates (my cousins and their new baby)! Madison had to work all day (overtime) and then braved the DMV for her official "I am legal" driver's license! Saige and I whipped Madison a cake before we had to go on the bus.
Madison came in right as I had to leave to take Preston to give a presentation, and then teach my RE class. She was excited with the gifts her co-workers had given her! It was a cute bouquet!






Preston was selected to present his reading project to the school board this evening. He did a great job! He presented a talk on the man who invented the trampoline.






We flew from the school board meeting over to RE. Tonight we focused on being the salt of the earth and the light of the world. It was a good night and the kids enjoyed making crafts out of salt! They also had a good time making Valentine's cards for a girl in the parish who was diagnosed with cancer. I don't know with the amount of glue that was used whether the cards will be dry in time for Valentine's Day!








Michael, Kayla and baby Otto took good care of Mallory on her birthday! I will have to make her a cake tomorrow! I am very proud of her! She is working really hard in college and is getting close to making her teaching dream a reality! She is a good kid who rarely of ever gives me anything to worry about!






We came home from RE and celebrated with Madison! Saige's cake was good, but the frosting left a little to be desired!
Madison is also doing a great job of reaching her goals. I could not be prouder of either one of these girls. To make a goal and work for it and not let anything get in the way is a great thing to witness.
I cannot believe how fast 21 years has gone by. Seems like yesterday that they made their way into this world. Love you Mallory and Madison!





1 comment:

  1. I loved Prestons's presentation! I saw it in Facebook. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete