Sunday, February 26, 2017

Last league games




My parents/grandparents used to have some saying about red sky in the morning. This picture does not do justice to how bright red the sky was on Friday morning. It was eerie almost. Beautiful but strange. I think the saying was something about taking warning- indicating that the weather was changing. It was 70 degrees Friday morning! I didn't want to see a red sky or think about any type of change!


















Cameron had his last league games at Iola this week. He had a great game during jv, and although I could tell he was frustrated by the scoreboard, I could appreciate how hard he was trying to turn things around. He always seems to work hard no matter what.
He also got some time during the varsity game. He made some points, and had a lot of rebounds. I am pretty proud of this boy!




I drove the bus to Iola. I actually am really enjoying this extra side job. I like the kids. I like going to the games. I really am happy that my mom talked me into this! I left with the other driver at the end of the 4th quarter to start the buses. When I walked outside, it was overwhelmingly hot. My phone said 76 degrees. It was thundering and lightening, and starting to rain. I admit to being a little apprehensive about the drive home. The boys loaded up and we headed out. It wasn't doing much. The lightening was wild! We got about halfway back, and it was like driving into a brick wall at one point. I think I hit a cold front. The wind. It was nuts! The boys scrambled to put their windows up! It dropped 40 full degrees. Craziest thing! We made it back safe, and the assistant coach who works nights was pleased with the time we made! I couldn't help but wonder if this was happening in February, what spring will be like?



No comments:

Post a Comment