Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Anniversary #25



Yesterday was our 25th wedding anniversary.  Quarter of a century with Jim - that sort of blows my mind a little bit.  For one thing, I am 29 years old, so how is that even possible?  We had one of the "normal" days for us.  The ones where he had a meeting, I had a meeting, kids needed picked up, Halloween costumes weren't finished, treats needed making, kids had not carved pumpkins, to go along with the normal day to day stuff.  I did not really get to see him much at all!  It is just how our life is right now.  We understand it, we embrace it, and we tackle it together, like we have done for a long, long time now!   Even though we did not have a romantic dinner, (or even a romantic moment) I am thankful for this man.  He is my everything.  My rock, my sanity saver, my best friend.  I am proud that we have made it this far, and I am looking forward to all that is to come.






I am also thankful that I was blessed with amazing children.  Mallory took the kids to get pumpkins, since there were none left in Overbrook.  Usually, we venture to the pumpkin patch.  Vacation made time get away from me.  While she was gone, I worked around the house a little on treats, costumes etc.  I blew off my meeting because I was feeling like I could not spare the time.  Everything got done and the kids are extremely happy!  They had to get gourdes rather than pumpkins, because apparently the stores are sold out!  No matter, they had fun decorating rather than carving!  :)  Flexibility is the name of the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment