Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Sorry...I can't stop myself

Basketball photos....again!  I know!  But basketball photos are fun!  And watching basketball means I am sitting inside rather than out in the cold.  Life is good!  I was blessed to get to drive Quincy's team to Prairie View last night.  I say blessed because I got paid to watch my kid play!  Life is good!  She did amazing!  She played 1 quarter of the B game.  They don't have many subs, and one kid got hurt.  She did a great job!  I love this group of girls.  The B game was a very close game.  They ended up winning by 1.  I thought it was awesome that they were all sitting on the bench with their arms linked.  Team unity is strong with them!

Quincy played all of the A game as well.  She did not make any points, but this kid is amazing on defense.  She had about 8 steals, forced I don't even know how many turn overs, and made the big girl cry.  She is pretty good at shutting people down without fouling.  OK, so she had 1 big foul, but that girl totally deserved it!  :)  Let's just say that the season of playing football comes in handy sometimes!


Also important to note, I believe she was the only kid who didn't come out at some point crying.  This game was pretty rough.  I felt like it was the referees fault, as they failed to call much.  Girls are nasty little creatures who will kick and elbow if nobody stops them!  I hope the rest of the season has a little bit more competence in the refereeing department!

It was a very late night.  I am not sure why we are playing a team so far from home, but I am still glad I got to go!  I am equally glad I missed the giant buck that jumped in front of the bus on the way home!  God is good all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment