Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Another snow day.






The kids have a snow day today.  The roads went from ok to absolutely not ok in about 15 minutes time last night.  I was driving kids home and admit I had a couple moments where I thought I was going to need new pants.  Luckily, I made it home with everyone getting home safely, and the bus all in one undamaged piece!  I was definitely dreading the morning routes, and was not one bit sad when they called school off last night!   
Jim is attending small government day in Topeka today.  Because of that, and the fact that the Buick isn’t doing well right now, I decided to stay home rather than being trapped in town.  The kids and I are having a fun day.  We have made Jim some breakfast foods, cleaned up, and watched a little tv.  Evening activities are all cancelled as well, so I am happily holed up and enjoying the free day!   
Quincy is enrolled in the wildlife project.  I mentioned a while back we have been enjoying watching the birds at the feeder.  I got a huge kick out of Saige and the cat watching all the birds out there.  Saige is more likely to give the birds girly names like “Susan and Ellie” rather than learning any type of actual bird breeds.  But that’s ok.  Life is full of all kinds of people.  The red birds (cardinals) would probably all be horrified if they learned they all have woman names!  
Blitz is going to have puppies.  This morning I asked Preston if he would help me take some pregnancy pics of her.  He said and I quote “I will help you if and only if you agree to never say pregnancy pics in my presence again!”   He helped me and I made no such promises!  

No comments:

Post a Comment