Monday, September 6, 2021

Labor Day weekend







Someone forgot that Labor Day doesn’t mean you should work your buns off!  That’s the bad news.  The good news is that we all worked together to accomplish a lot today, which actually needed to happen so no regrets! 
First, a moment to brag….because this is my blog and I can do what I want.  I have to say I am very proud of my kids for taking on so much responsibility at church. Preston has been training Saige to serve as an acolyte.  He has been very patient and kind with her and she is really excited about doing it.  Yesterday, they both served and there was a baptism.  Preston helped with it.  He did parts of the readings and was very involved in assisting Father Jo.  He looked so grown up and I was just so proud of him.  
Today, we tried out a hack that we saw online.  You use a spin mop to clean the walls.  I found a spin  mop on clearance.  It was exciting!   The hack worked really well, but my shoulders are sure not happy about it this evening!  I am wanting to paint the upstairs, and this is the first step.  The hard part is finding a paint color that I like, and that Jim also likes!  We also got the pool cleaned, the laundry caught up, the lawn mowed, the kitchen cleaned and the whole house vacuumed.  It was a good, but exhausting day!


This evening, Quincy’s CWF group sold taco salads at the farmers market.  They were pretty busy, and they sold out!   She has 3 fundraisers left to work and then I’m praying she is fully funded.  I told Jim we have 2 more kids to get through this program, and then I am hanging up my fundraiser pants forever!   He laughed at me because he knows that this was probably a lie.  

The best news of all is that I finally found and  patched the pesky leak that has been haunting me all summer.    I knew where the water was coming out, but there was nothing on the inside that I could find.   I finally found a hole a good 4 feet from where it was leaking out.  I wasn’t sure that we were going to get it done before winter, and I was very worried.  This weekend, the rain water filled us up and we never had to add any water at all!   So much relief.   The kids swam a little bit to cool off between chores today.  I’m guessing in another week, we will be talking about shutting it down for the winter.  It makes me sad, but I am happy that we have gotten so much use out of it this year! 
And just like every single other 3 day weekend, this one didn’t stick around long enough.   

No comments:

Post a Comment