Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Picnic day












Today is the first day of fall-type weather.  As much as I love summer, if we have to be in school, and sitting in a bus rather than beside the pool, this weather was very welcomed!   When Evie arrived at my house today, before the sun came up, I said oh it’s so cold today!  I was informed “no Grammy it’s chilly!”   Oh!  Ok then. GG stopped by the office this morning to visit Evie. As she was leaving, I mentioned that I had to run to dollar general for some office supplies and paper towels.  Gg gave Evie a $5 and told her to get some fruit snacks.  Evie did get fruit snacks, but she also picked out a witch watch that lights up, some witch fingers, and a package of several pairs of Dracula teeth.  When we got back to the office, I opened the Dracula teeth, which she was calling dragon teeth. I took one pair and put them in my mouth. She wigged out and decided she hates dragon teeth.  She liked the fingers though. 

I told Evelyn that it was such a nice day, we should have a picnic at the park.  I mentioned it to poppy when he stopped by to leave the truck.  He thought that sounded like a great idea.  So I ordered a pizza and poppy picked us up.  We didn’t make it very far before poppy started getting phone calls - low water/no water/no pressure.  The water tower is getting  painted so he thought maybe it was related to that.  After about 11 more calls, the actual culprit was found - a large waterline break.  Needless to say, Evelyn and I enjoyed our time at the park a lot more than Jim did.  

We dropped Jim off and headed home, where I put on a large pot of white chili and made blueberry cobbler because when the weather gets cool, it is required to make soups and warm desserts.   Of course I came home from the bus route excited to eat dinner.  About 2 minutes after I got home, Preston texted to say he was grabbing dinner with friends and hitting the volleyball game.  About 3 minutes after that, Quincy texted to say she got asked to come into work.  Jim of course didn’t get off work because of the waterline break.  The little girls don’t like white chili much.  Nobody was around to enjoy fall foods with me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment