Sunday, September 10, 2023

12 hours later….


I left my house yesterday morning at 6:50 a.m.   I pulled back in for the day at 7:02 p.m.    I never knew a volleyball tournament could last so long.  
The good part was I was able to complete all of the year end paperwork for the 4-H club which saved me a meeting today.   The bad part was I was getting texts from everyone who was out having all sorts of fun and I was jealous!   Preston was at the KSU game.  Lauren and Cameron were at the LSU game.  People were texting me about amazing food they were having.  It was hard to stay at volleyball when everyone was having fun!   I actually do enjoy watching volleyball - so it wasn’t all bad!  
I had promised Evie I would go to the Huff ‘n Puff balloon rally with her last night.  Madison and  Mallory were meeting at my house and we were car pooling.  I kept having to text to move the time back over and over again!   At one point, I told them they could go without me, but they decided to wait!   Madison brought dinner over for the girls and Jim.  I drove in, went to the bathroom and hopped into the car and we took off.  We made it, but not before having a major fiasco over entering the event, and making Evie cry when I couldn’t get in due to them blocking the entrance with a police car!   

We sent Madison on to McDonalds because Wrenley was howling, and I broke into the vendor’s gate area and parked.  That parking was actually amazing - we only had to walk about 20 feet to see the balloons.  I’m sure I am on some security footage and Kansas most wanted list, but seriously, closing the gates during the event so that people can’t get in is a stupid, idiotic thing to do.  And if you make my grandkid cry, you’ll see me lose it.   

We not only got her in, we managed to get several trading cards and she got to get into the carpet one balloon basket.  She loved that!   I do love this event, and so do some of my kids.  Some of the kids went along but don’t love it, and some think the whole thing is not worth the trouble.  Jim and Andrew decided to go fishing while we were gone!   Such party poopers!  .  


We didn’t stay a really long time, but as we were leaving, Evie  wanted to see if she could get one more trading card.  Not only did she get one, but the balloonists let her get in their basket!   She looks pretty scared (she said the fire is hot and loud) but she was so excited about it!  To make up for being late, and not getting to stay very long, I took everyone to get a late dinner at McDonald’s.  I even took mercy on the old girl who refused to go, and brought her home French fries!   Jim and Andrew had fun fishing, and I was happy I got to do at least one fun thing on a nice Saturday!!  

Wrenley was happy to get some milk!   

Today is the only day I have off for the next 2 weeks.  I know I should have worked myself a lot harder than I did today,  but I also needed some down time I think!   As a result of not working as hard as I should, I am still awake, waiting for the washer and dryer so we have clean clothes for this week.  We did accomplish a few things!  Andrew is attending some training conference in Vegas, so Madison took him to the airport, and I watched the girls.  I got some snuggle time in, and GG also snuck over for some baby time!  While GG was here to help, Evie and I made a couple of witches for the end of the driveway!  They didn’t turn out quite like the TikTok video I saw, but we think they are cute.  Jim ran all my errands for me, and got groceries.  I am so thankful, because last weekend we grabbed just basic stuff and we were right back to nothing in the cabinets staple wise.  If he had been unwilling, we would be really having some weird meals this week!   
We had Sunday dinner, and I told Evie we better swim one last time.  The weather is supposed to be drastically cooler this week, and the water is really starting to cool down from lows in the 50’s and  60’s overnights.  I’m guessing the relaxing in the pool afternoons are done for this year.  I did get in with her, but didn’t last very long!   Too cold for this old lady!  Evie and Harper lasted quite a while.  Jim said he will help me figure out ordering a cover, and we will winterize the pool in the next couple weeks.  I will now start walking for exercise again until it gets too cold for that.   I will miss the pool until I can open her again next spring!  





















Look how sad she looks all empty!   Saddest day of the year!   
But, time marches on, and I’m ready to embrace fall activities and cooler weather.  My favorite part is when we can turn off the air conditioning and take a break from the electric bill (sorry Colin).  
Weekend over - laundry 1 Hope - zero.  House clean?  Nope!  Halloween decor up?  YES!   Do what makes you happy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment