Monday, February 21, 2011

7th Grade basketball finale and the fashion police

Yesterday, the girls went to a purse party with grandma, and then they went shopping. Quincy somehow conned grandma into buying her some frog boots. She was very, very excited about the boots, and the minute Preston saw them he was insanely jealous. Now, had I suggested that he should have some rubber boots, he probably would have rolled his eyes at me, but since Q got some, he HAD to HAVE a pair! So while I was in Topeka today, I got him a pair, except that I insisted that they could not be identical to Quincy's so that they would not fight! He is very, very happy with his monkey boots! (who would have figured that?)
Quincy not only wore her frog boots to school, and the final 7th grade basket ball game, she also wore this giant black flower that Madison got as a prize at the purse party on her head all day! At the game, one of Cameron's little friends was playing with Quincy and she said "lets play I spy" she then said "I see something black and very, very Large!" Quincy did not guess what it was!!! I am sure that she will be in charge at some big time fashion show someday!


And Colin had his grand finale game of 7th grade at Royal Valley tonight. He got to play most of the B game, and for the first time he even got fouled and got to shoot free throws! (he has been fouled before but they NEVER call it!!) I think his career in basketball this year has included it all - fouls -giving them and taking them - traveling, rebounding, assists, point making, and a technical....what else could you ask for in one season?

I actually like basketball, and enjoyed watching the boys play...but I am never sad to see winter anything end! On to track and softball and warm weather!! Oh - who the heck am I kidding - I am now going to be sitting outside, freezing my buns off at track meets and softball games where we pretend that it is spring but it really isn't!! At least I do have a couple more weeks - we have to finish 5th grade basketball and club wrestling first!

No comments:

Post a Comment