Saturday, February 26, 2011

Not fun but necessary!


Mallory and Madison worked very hard at their CWF concession stand today. It was not fun, but necessary to keep moving on the fundraising for their trip! They served up homemade biscuits and gravy, Mallory made awesome chili, and they had a ton of baked goods for sale! It was a very, very long day, followed by a long clean up, and a long discussion about how to divide the money they made among the kids who worked. I honestly don't mind the work part....just the rest that is cumbersome! Thank you to those who came out in the nasty foggy drizzle to support these 4-Hers. I know that today was not very fun, but when the girls are living it up in New York and DC, it will be worth it! (at least I hope so).
Jim also had a very strange day, as he got a phone call that the water tower had a cracked leg. I am not sure what all occurred, but the tower north of our house, did indeed have a bad crack. They had to evacuate people, and then they drained the tower and got someone in to stabilize it. They will have to do more work on Monday, and I am sure it will be a long process of insuring public safety. For now, everything is ok!
Speaking of matters of public safety, while Jim was out with the tower problems, and I was helping the girls, we left Colin in charge here at the house. He did a wonderful job of watching his younger siblings (with a lot of help from Cam). However, he did make a phone call which cracked me up....he called me to say "mom, when you come in Harper is covered in red Jell-o NOT blood!" I feel better knowing he thought to call ahead to warn me! Of course, with the water tower issues, that meant there was little to no water - which meant cleaning up after feeding Harper jell-o was not really possible! Luckily, we now have water so I was able to put her through the bathtub!
Tomorrow has now become the big catch up day! Not fun, but necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment