Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

For Valentines Day, I had 2 sick kids and one sick husband. The sick husband bought me the greatest gift of all - new tires! It might not be quite as romantic as the gift that Grace got for James (new electrical work) but I was very happy about it! This meant that when I picked up kids from wrestling practice, pep band, and ball games and took Harper to the doctor my van was smooth! No more bouncing around on bald tires for me!
I am not sure what the heck is going on with the germy people here but I did finally take Harper to the doctor today. I decided 6 days of sick was too long for a little person! Unfortunately, they told me it is a virus and it will have to run its course. Basically the nastiest cold ever! So we got some nasal spray, a new humidifier, and a prescription for some kind of mucus drying amazing stuff, and we will have to wait it out. Cameron was home from school today (thankfully the neighbor girl was willing to take his class treats that I stayed up late baking last night). He did not do anything other than sleep all day - until the KSU game came on - he was pretty happy when they crushed that other Kansas team! Then he went right back to sleep! Jim has been mostly the same - sleeping on the couch with Harper on his chest! I have been spraying Lysol every chance I get!
Dam safety conference for me the next two days. I am not really excited about this, as I was reading the agenda and it did not seem like it would be very entertaining! I hope my impression of their presentations was far off base and it will be a-maz-ing!

1 comment:

  1. You know u have been married too long when electricial work and tires are romantic

    ReplyDelete