Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard 2011


When I got up this morning my immediate thought was "they called off school for this?" I should never think! I went to work and by 10:00 I had cleared off my sidewalk 2 times and you could not tell I had even been out there! This afternoon, the snow was coming down so hard and blowing I could not believe it! We were having a hard time even seeing across the street! I am very glad that both Jim and I only work a few blocks from home.
Harper seems to have a little touch of something, she has been very fussy and has a runny nose/cough. The kids have already been given tomorrow off school, so I am seriously leaning toward taking the day off work. Not to mention that we can't open our front door because of the huge snow drift that has blown there! I think it is going to be a major process to get dug out! I have been enjoying the time with the kids and the lack of activities to run off to, we even watched the old Karate Kid today - the one that is good - you know - with Ralph Macchio! The kids laughed hysterically about the fake karate and bad acting! I was seriously offended that they didn't think it was one of the most awesome movies ever made!
One more day will be fine, and then it can be warm weather and winter can go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment