Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy 15th birthday Mallory and Madison!




My sweet twins babies turned 15 years old today! Time, where have you gone? I am sure that Jim and I are not old enough to have daughters this age!
Except that both of my babies are very, very good at math, so if they say that today they are 15, I have no doubts that they are right!
My girls are both so awesome! They are so much help, considerate, smart, involved young ladies! Jim and I are both really, really proud of them!
Mallory loves art, cooking, flute music, sewing, and almost anything that she can create. She is a ton of help around here, is on the Principal's honor roll in school, and I just thank God every single day for the opportunity to be her mom!
Madison also loves to cook, and recently beat out all the other clarinet players to take first chair in band! I am constantly impressed with her accomplishments and I also love Madison's sense for neatness and order - if I need something organized she is my go-to girl! She is also on the Principal's honor roll! I thank God every single day for the opportunity to be her mom too!
I don't spend enough time bragging about my girls - but this week the high school put up a display of the top 10 academic kids in each class - both Mallory and Madison are in the top ten of their freshman class! Not too shabby!
Happy Birthday to my sweet, smart, wonderful daughters! Your dad and I are very proud of you and love you very much!
Now, where they are very helpful and we are proud, I also have to share the selection for their birthday dinner - baked mac and cheese and cherry jell-o! Of all the food on earth-- :)
They also are dragging me shopping for their birthday this weekend. So I guess I will endure a car load of giggly teenage girls and hours upon hours of shopping for who knows what! It is a fairly simple request!
Preston was home sick today, he has a fever and no other symptoms to speak of. I hear that it is some germy kid disease that is going through the school. The kids have been given ANOTHER day off school for tomorrow, so at least he can hopefully recover without missing any more work! There is probably only 3-4 inches of snow, but it is blowing, and still coming down and the wind chill is terrible! I think it was probably a good decision. The kids are starting to worry about losing spring break with having to already make up 3 days (now 4). I guess we can only wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment