Sunday, February 26, 2012

The kids already hated spaghetti....

We are having one of those weekends....the ones where you finally get to sit down but your head is spinning with all the stuff you just did, and all the stuff you still have to do!
We spent Friday evening with my niece at her 7th birthday party! Quincy and Harper had a great time watching her open her gifts, and the boys had a great time (not) wrestling with their cousins. Too bad one of them doesn't know how to keep a secret about exactly what happens in the basement of doom!

Yesterday, we spent the entire day baking cookies, cakes, browning hamburger and making garlic bread for a spaghetti feed for the girl's CWF trip. I love to cook, and I really didn't mind spending the day doing it, however to me these sort of things are very hard.....if you have 5 people show up, then you have way too much food, if 500 show up, what the heck would you feed them all? I decided to have a little faith, and it would work out. Indeed, it did work out! We had a lot of dessert donations, and we had the local grocer let us return anything we didn't open, which meant that we had access to sauce and noodles without having to be out a bunch of money. We really are very lucky to have such a great grocer here in town! Plus, the community was very generous and the spaghetti feed was a huge success. The kids all made quite a lot of money and we are getting close to having their trip all paid for!

I am glad that the CWF trip is going to be paid out of their fundraising efforts, as we have invested quite a lot into a band trip for March! We did go to a meeting this week about their NY trip. It looks like it will be completely awesome, and I am so happy they have the opportunity to go! The only thing we have to figure out is how to pack 4 days worth of clothes, including concert clothes into a carry-on bag! The girls got a little nervous when their director told them nobody would be allowed to check a bag- everything they take must be carry-on only! I think we will be doing a little lesson on clothes rolling or something! He went on to say no worries because the hotel had irons in the rooms so their concert clothes could be pressed when they got there.....that concerns me as I had visions of all the kids with burn holes in their concert attire! I think in addition to clothes rolling lessons, we will be taking some courses in running an iron!

1 comment:

  1. Buy lots of knit clothes - they don't wrinkle as bad. I have gotten 4 days in a carry on so I am sure they can because they are smaller than me!

    ReplyDelete