Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I hate it....

As Jim and I have decided to put our house on the market in the next few weeks, I have decided I better try to cover up my love affair with bright, bold colors with some neutral shades of white. So this weekend, as Jim was cleaning windows and fixing them, I painted the upstairs bathroom. What was a cheery shade of bright green with daisies on the walls, is now white. Stark white. Never in my life have I finished painting and truly HATED it before. OK, there was that one mishap with the pepto bismol pink paint that I thought would be darker when we lived in Osage, but this time.....I HATE the end result. It is too white. It does not go well with the browns that are in there. The thing is, I am done....I don't want to have to go back and re-do it, and I don't really know what potential buyers will want, so I am leaving it. But I do think I will just refuse to use the upstairs bathroom until we move! For the record, Jim told me he hates it too! At least we agree, right? Note to self - get a new shower curtain....that might help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment