Monday, February 20, 2012

Recap of the past few days

On Saturday, I was supposed to take Colin to a big wrestling tournament in Ottawa, but this kid

and this kid
were up all night with terrible coughs. Since breastfeeding makes it difficult to impossible for me to leave Saige for long periods of time, and we didn't feel good about taking her into a wrestling gym for an entire day, Jim took Colin. I went to Osage City and watched Cameron play basketball....still not an ideal place for a sick baby, but at least it was a shorter period of time to be out! Mallory was kind enough to stay home with Harper, who after one breathing treatment, was feeling much better.

Cam played an awesome game, made over half of his team's points, and managed to guard a kid whose photo I should have taken.....if he is a 6th grader, it must be his second time through!
He made our biggest player look miniature!

I enjoyed the game, and Saige slept through it. I debated all morning on whether or not to take her in to Express Care. I hate not being able to decide how sick a kid is. On one hand, she had a terrible cough, but on the other hand, I was pretty sure they would tell me it was a virus, and we would just have to wait it out for a few days. In the end, I did not take her in over the weekend.


Although I was sad that I didn't get to go watch Colin, I know that Jim had a great time watching him take 1st place! Jim texted me updates and I could tell that he was having a lot of fun. Colin was elated to be on the mats for a second weekend in a row!


The reason that I was going to take Colin was because Jim, Cameron and Preston had tickets to a KSU women's game Saturday night. It was 4-H day with the Cats. They were all excited to go! Unfortunately, Jim did not get home in time to go with them, but it worked out ok because our 4-H friend Marty saved the day. Her kids had tickets, but in the meantime their youngest had decided he wanted to go. We gave her Jim's ticket in exchange for taking Cam and Preston. The boys had so much fun! They got autographs, tons of free stuff, saw some sort of a dunking trampoline halftime show, and came home absolutely pumped up!


Cam got some great photos of Preston with Willie Wildcat, but we haven't figured out how to get them off his phone yet. I will have to upload those later! I am so happy that it worked out so that they got to go and have so much fun!


Even though there was no school today, Colin (#21) played in his last 8th grade basketball game. He did not get a lot of playing time tonight, but when he was in, he played really well. He says this is probably the last time he will ever play basketball in his life.....he has big plans of being on the wrestling team in high school! We shall see!
I know basketball is not his favorite sport, but I am proud that he went out and stayed on the team, keeping his grades high, and putting in all that effort! He says it keeps him in shape for club wrestling....and it probably does, but it is still a pretty big commitment to something that he isn't all that fond of!


I did end up taking Saige to the doctor today. Our regular doctor was not available. The doctor we saw thinks Saige has RSV, but could not be sure unless he ran some tests. We did not get the testing done, as either way, he was suggesting breathing treatments, Tylenol, lots of fluids, and rest. Since the treatment would be the same no matter what, it seemed silly to put her through testing. She has now had a breathing treatment and some Tylenol, and is resting. The doctor we saw today says she has asthmatic symptoms, and he would not be surprised to hear that she has asthma, but they will not diagnose it until she is 1. I know she was breathing a lot like my 3 asthma suffering boys! At least we have a little experience with dealing with it, and can hopefully know what to do to keep her comfortable and breathing! Hopefully, she will bounce back quickly, as around here we do not stay still for very long!

No comments:

Post a Comment