Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Why the kids at Overbrook school are terrified of the Easter Bunny

I am the treat mom for Quincy's class Easter Party tomorrow. So being the amazingly, incredibly artistic person that I am, I thought I can make an Easter Bunny Cake. As I was asking Quincy if she thought this was a good idea, Preston piped in with a could you pleeeease make one for my class too? Sure - if I can make one Easter Bunny cake, I can surely make 2 pretty easily right? A couple days ago, I was asking my mom if she had ever done this, and she assured me that it was 'really very easy' and that she thought the hardest part was probably cutting out the ears. Well, mom, you underestimate my mad skill with a knife - the EASY part was cutting out the ears! I am NOT a cake decorator! As a matter of fact, I prefer my cake with no frosting at all! These cakes are pretty darn scary! I promise to leave the cake decorating to those with a talent for it from now on -- people like my mom, my aunt Jeanne, my cousin Gretchen, and all the people who own bakeries. The bad news is this - the dang kids in Preston and Quincy's classes ARE going to eat these cakes -- it took too long for me to finish it! AND they BETTER do it with a smile on their faces! My apologies to their parents for when your child has a lifelong fear of the Easter Bunny!

2 comments:

  1. Nice rabbits!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did OK... Could have used a little help with the eyes, but, I bet the kids eat it ALL with no complaints!! :-)

    ReplyDelete