Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Teacher Let the Fools Out...!!

I know its an old photo, but it sums up my title!!  :)

Yesterday was the last day of school.  The kids were overall pretty excited to be finished.  The one exception was Quincy, who actually told me that she really loved having Aunt Diane as her teacher this year, and was sad about going to first grade where she would have to have a 'stranger' as a teacher!  She also said that she was worried about her best friend not being in her class. 
The older girls were saying they are feeling like high school is going pretty quickly, especially considering they are now half way finished!
Cameron was also a little bit  sad because his really awesome teacher who used to live next door, is moving to Nebraska.  He actually said to me that it was a shame and sad that the district is losing such a great teacher.  Nice that he took the time to notice!  He is really, really excited about going to Jr High next year though!

I know it will sound bizarre, but I think the biggest duck in the countdown puddle was me.  I was tired of the morning routine, the endless list of needs from school, and the never ending projects!  So sue me, I never said I was going to actually win mom of the year!  I am happy to have the kids home, with fewer responsiblities, and less neediness.  I am happy to spend afternoons at the pool and evenings at the ballpark.  I am happy to not have to drop everything at 3:30 to go pick them up, and I am happiest of all to not have to wake up anyone and drag them out the door, only to get halfway to school and hear the "MOM I FORGOT my backpack, lunch money, cell phone" or whatever else!  Call me in a month, we will see if I am over this or not!! 

Of course, we spent our first afternoon 'off' in a weird situation.  The kids got out of school at 1 yesterday.  Our realtor called and said that they needed us out of the house for a showing between 11am and 1 pm -- that was fine - part of that time we were at work anyhow.  We took Colin out to lunch and as we are there, the phone rings and they ask if they can move the showing to between 1:30 and 3:30.  I told them sure - after all, we can't sell a house if we don't show it.  I picked up the kids from school and we headed out to grandma's house to take care of the hogs and kill a little time.  After watching a movie, cleaning out the hog pen, and visiting with grandma a little bit, we headed back into town, only for me to discover that the showing had been cancelled altogether.  I really needed to do laundry yesterday -- it felt a little frusterating.  However, I promised that I would NOT focus on the house sale.  I will not let it consume my thoughts or worry about it.  So now I am done venting and am back to my carefree summer loving self!

No comments:

Post a Comment