Friday, May 18, 2012

When does the pool open?

 When is my first game?  When can I use these paints that were left over in my school supplies?  Can I have another glass of chocolate milk?  Can you bake us some cookies?  When does the pool open?  What time does dad come home?
 Our first couple of days of summer we are quickly learning how to entertain ourselves again, and that we can fix our own drinks,  and that we CAN read a calendar for ourselves to figure out the activities of the day, and when the pool opens!!  Not that it has been bad, it totally hasn't, it just takes a little adjustment from school, where every minute is structured, to home, where momma doesn't roll that way!
 Saige is happy to be surrounded by people! 
 We also did a little back yard camping.  Sorry Grace, my kids are not scouts, and I am just not that fond of nature.  I like to sleep in a bug free, critter free,  air conditioned environment, with running water nearby!!  The kids still had a wonderful time roasting stuff on a fire, and playing around in the tent.  I did almost die of disgust when I found out that they were using the garden shovel to roast things over their fire.  Colin was in charge of the cooking!  I guess I should feel better after he told me he 'washed it off' first! 






We are enjoying this week, as next week we fall headfirst into ball games, concession stand running, field lining, summer weights, summer football, summer basketball, summer wrestling, and story time at the library.  I filled out my calendar and then quickly turned the page back to May, I don't want to face June just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment