Saturday, May 12, 2012

Swine weigh in day, and bonus fun too

 It was swine weigh in day for Osage county today.  Preston felt that he needed to watch the scale operator!  Preston's pig weighed 82 pounds today. 

 The rotten Hampshire, which Quincy has adopted as her very own Frank the Second - weighed 44 pounds today.  We are pretty sure he won't make weight, but will be very tasty this fall!  :)  Madison tagged him today - mostly because her Duroc is so big, we are afraid that he will be overweight by August.  So she has the biggest and smallest hog!
 Colin's hog (Preston) weighed 93 pounds, a weight that we feel our Preston may never reach, considering that he only eats chicken nuggets, apples and grapes voluntarily!
 Cam's pig weighed 92 pounds, and Swinderella - who weighed 34 pounds when we bought him was up to a whopping 74 pounds today!
 And the Duroc - well I was right about him being too big --- he weighed 151.  He may well be ready for a freezer way before the county fair!  He will definitely be getting his own quarters with a hand selected high fiber, low calorie diet before the summer is over!
 Harper was not really impressed with the pig weighing process.  Pigs tend to squeal a lot more than she would like!  She was also a little bit on the cold side, since I didn't really realize how cold the north wind was when I was dressing her this morning!  She was very happy to be home!
My cousin Melissa graduated with her master's degree today.  We had a great time at her party, and somehow ended up with her big boys over here for the night.  They play really well with Colin and Cam though, so it is ok!!  Plus they are pretty funny - we always get a kick out of them! 

We also had our first work session on the county fair auction stuff today.  I am trying really hard to put the information we got into a spreadsheet, and make mailing labels.  After this year, I think things could be much easier - a lot less writing will need to be done!  I am very glad that we chose to do this when Jim was home though, as he is a real lifesaver when it comes to computer stuff! 

For Mother's Day, I asked the kids for a day with no fighting, no complaining, and one where I could get a couple of projects that I started, finished (meaning they will help with Harper and Saige).  We shall see if I get my wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment