Sunday, March 10, 2013

Basketball is over

 Preston and Quincy played in their final basketball game for this season yesterday.  It was a fun season, and I think they learned a lot.




It was nice to take a break from the house to go to basketball - we are now about 95% packed up and living out of boxes.  I keep stubbing my toes, so I was glad to get out away from the piles of boxes to save my feet for a while!
The kids don't seem to mind the boxes, it has been a grand adventure of hide and seek, coloring surfaces, and contests to see who can stuff the most junk into the smallest box.  I am thankful that my sister's work has given us a lot of great boxes, and that the nursing home has been sending the girls home with a lot of boxes as well.  My big goal is to not unpack too many of these boxes so that we don't have to go through the whole process again in a few months!  :)  We shall see how that turns out!

I might also add that I was pretty proud that even though we have had our house upside down for a few weeks now, we did not one time lose the basketball shirts!  In the past, this has been a big enough issue, with  everything everywhere, I figured one or both of these basketball shirts would have disappeared.  Sometimes its the little things in life that give the most joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment