Monday, March 11, 2013

Second Grade Music Program

 Preston's second grade music program was tonight.  He is his father's son.  Nothing more can be said about that!


 He had a speaking part....he did a wonderful job - was easy to understand and spoke loudly into the microphone.  I had a hard time with the camera tonight - I really needed Mallory to be there!
 When it was over, his teacher told me that he had won second place in some water resources poster contest.  She said that he had asked her to not submit his poster, but she did it anyhow.  It is hard to tell here, but the poster had a lot of information about the water cycle on it.
 I then made the mistake of asking him to smile.   What a turkey!
There were a couple of things stressing me out about the upcoming move this week.  One was our attic (storage room/junk collection).  The attic is now mostly empty.  We did a smart thing and rented a storage unit, and filled it up.  Now that that is looking manageable, I feel a lot better.  I did get a kick out of taking Quincy over on one of the unloading trips.  She jumped out of the truck and said "WOW!  THIS IS JUST LIKE STORAGE WARS!!!"  I think we might watch a little too much TV?

Mallory was not there tonight to take photos because she has been having a bunch of pain in her stomach.  I took her to the doctor today, and he was worried about her gall bladder or possibly her pancreas.  We spent the afternoon at the hospital having testing, but they have said that everything looks fine.  They are prescribing some strong antacids to see if that gives her some relief.  I hope it works!  She seemed more perky tonight, so I am taking that as a good sign.  I am going to have to share that I wasn't expecting to be sent to the hospital, so we had Harper and Saige with us.  While they were doing a sonogram of Mallory's gall bladder Harper was watching very carefully, so I said 'look Harper, and alien monster'  her eyes got big and she said "aaaw Mallory, you will be ok!"  Later she was still watching carefully and she said she saw a rattle snake.  No wonder Mallory had pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment