Tuesday, March 26, 2013

RIP Grandma

 My grandma Nellie passed away this morning.  I had to swipe these photos from my uncle's facebook account (sorry or thank you Uncle Marc).  My cousin wrote a nice paragraph about her memories of grandma this morning.  I will always remember funny things about this lady.  Like how she always had Wendy's spoons and ketchup in her purse....because you never know when those will come in handy.  And how she never, ever saw my kids without pulling candy, crackers and other goodies out of that purse "to keep them busy."  I will always remember her putting petrified wood from the petrified forest in her bra so that I would have a souvenir, and how much she always, always loved us.
I am sorry to lose her, and I will miss her for the rest of my life, but I am happy that she is back with grandpa.  Their love is an inspiration to married people everywhere.  It was apparent how much she loved him, even when she was wrinkling up her nose and telling me how she hid onion salt in the food because even though grandpa hated onions, he never ever seemed to notice the onion salt!  :)  Rest In Peace Grandma.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment