Saturday, November 30, 2013

Tall houses are not fun

 We have been painting.  Just the trim.  Thank you Jesus we only have to do the trim because the trim is enough to do.  This house does not seem very big when you look at the large Victorian houses across the street, but when you start climbing around on it, it sure feels enormously tall.  

 Today while the local handyman we hired did the front, Jim, Colin and Cameron climbed up and painted the back.  This completely made me want to cry, and although I took a few photos, I tried to not watch or think about what would happen if they fell.  The good news is that we are very close to done with the parts that we told the painter we would do ourselves.  The bad news is that the painting is not done and since tomorrow is December, I am fearful that we may run out of good days.  We are going to try to work tomorrow and hope for the best.
I did get the whole back porch finished and am happy at how clean it looks since the cedar is all covered now.  The next house we buy will not be this tall I can promise you that much!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment