Friday, June 26, 2015

Grand slam and a kitty

Quincy had a game in Burlingame tonight.  She played really well.  She spent the evening at first base and caused a lot of outs.
She cranked a ball down the third base line and had a grand slam!  She was pretty pumped about it!  
This morning, the little kids had to go to  work with me.  They generally don't have to go very often and when they do, they enjoy going over to play at the school playground and taking a moment to go to the city library.  They were walking down the alley behind my office and came in to tell me there were golf clubs in the dumpster.  They were asking if it was ok if they pulled them out and used them to crack rocks in the yard.  I told them I didn't care.   About 10 minutes later they came back not with golf clubs, but with a cat.  
The loss of Adolf and then Johnny have hit the house fairly hard.  We had told the kids that they could get a kitty but that we felt waiting to make sure none of the other outdoor cats were sick might be smart.  Of course finding a kitty seemed like fate!  
I sent them out to ask the neighborhood people.  My sister happens to be a neighbor.   Amy, as well as her across the street neighbor seemed to think the city had been trying to trap a bunch of kittens that had been born to a wild cat and that this kitty was one of them.  Nobody claimed the cat.  The kids were in love.  The cat seemed extremely thirsty and hungry and was covered in fleas and bites.  
And so daddy was asked.  Jim seemed to agree that the city has cats that need to be given homes so he said ok.  
And now I have a bunch of kids totally smitten with Mary Ann Cotton.  Research and the serial killer name provided by Quincy.   Flea bath and flea collar provided my mom.  Snuggles, giggles, a full tummy, and lots of purring provided by a sweet kitty that I sincerely hope was a stray! 

No comments:

Post a Comment