Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Cat tale

Last week, the kids went to work with me as I reported.  They found this cute little kitty we thought was a stray.  She settled in nicely at our house and we all got somewhat attached to her.  They found this kitty under a dumpster behind my office.  In town. 10 miles from where we live.   On Sunday, I put this photo on facebook.  I then received a message from my next door neighbor.  She asked where we found the cat.   I told her and didn't hear anything back from her.  On Monday, she stopped in my office.  She works next door to me in the insurance office.  She told me that the cat belonged to her daughter.  She told me that her daughter was really sad but that she felt like they didn't want to take the cat away from our kids.  She showed me photos of the cat, and as strangely as she is marked it is hard to mistake her for a different kitty.  We think she rode to town under their jeep and my kids happened to find her.   Strange coincidence!  And sort of funny to think the cat lived 50 feet away but we found her 10 miles from home!  
The kids understood that it was not their cat and we told them we could get a different cat, but they had to return Mary. The neighbors have granted visitation and Madison ran to the humane shelter and got a replacement kitty.  
This little thing is named Ted Bundy.  Teddy is sweet and super friendly.  We are currently having a little difficulty potty training him. Hoping that gets better in a big hurry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment