Saturday, June 27, 2015

Dive in to the weekend


I told the kids we would go to the city pool today.  I didn't realize that there were going to be major storms last night and that between people busily cleaning up, and the cooler temperatures, we had the pool pretty much to ourselves.  
We were very lucky, both personally and as a city.  Personally we are blessed that Mallory is a self appointed weather woman, and has every weather ap known to man on her phone, so she woke us up to take cover during the tornado warning.   We didn't have any damage here at our house, but the town looked like a war zone. The national weather service has ruled it was a microburst with 80 mile per hour winds.  A lot of trees were lost, a few windows and roofs were destroyed, but nobody was hurt and cleanup was underway.  
I feel like this week was pretty long and I am excessively happy it is the weekend!

Cameron had games last night.  He played really well, however his team lost both of their games.  
And we finally had time to make Colin's birthday dinner.  He got a brisket as a birthday gift from work.  He wanted me to smoke it for him.  I did, but I have never  smoked a slab of meat this big before.  It turned out ok.  I am not a huge brisket fan. Luckily I finished cooking it in the oven because Jack the cat took off chasing Blitz and they knocked the smoker over.  The dog is amazingly smart, sweet and great with the kids, but I hold zero hope of her saving any of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment