Saturday, January 16, 2016

One crazy week...with multiple photo ops

Last Sunday, we had clean it up day.  It was not the kids favorite way to spend a Sunday, but Harper had so much fun scrubbing the kitchen floor!  Child labor laws were violated.  Children were sure to point it out multiple times.  Unfortunately nobody remembered how much they dislike cleaning, and we are going to have to start all over again this weekend.  
Harper finally got her shirt.  The shirts are given out when you pass your grade level in reading.  Harper has been working really hard to pass.  
Colin likes to act tough, but he's a softie like his dad.  
Monday, Preston had a game.  His team played really well, but did not win.  He does a great job handling the ball.  

Preston may have had a few stern words for the ref.  
Tuesday night, Cameron had a game at home.  He played amazingly.  He had several steals, multiple rebounds, around 10 points.  He was on fire!  They did not win, but it wasn't for Cameron's lack of trying.  
His coach even complimented him for having such a great game.  
Harper's teacher is really sweet with capturing little moments at school.  I love how much Harper is learning and how much she likes school.  
Wednesday, we had to return to RE after almost a month off.  Saige was thrilled!  She loves it so much.    My first grade class was studying baptism, and specifically the baptism of Jesus.  We made doves with their hand prints as the wings.  They turned out awesome and I wish I had taken pictures.  One funny story though.  I have a little boy who is always saying the funniest stuff without meaning to.  The kids wanted to color the doves.  I explained that doves are white, but they wanted to color them and so I let them.  When we got done, they looked like parrots.  This little boy said "well can't you just change the bible story  to say that the Holy Spirit came as a parrot instead?"   Pretty sure I don't have the power to change the bible but it was a nice try in his part!  
Thursday Quincy had a game.  She hasn't been playing on this team very long, and these girls have played a couple of sessions together already.  She is learning and I think after more time and practices go by she will understand the plays a little better.  She did have a great game though.  She is tough on defense and had a couple of steals.  
She also got fouled and although it is hard to tell, she is the one shooting foul shots.  (Quincy is #6 on the red team). 
Friday Cameron had a game in Garnett and Colin had a wrestling tournament in Basehor.  The worst thing I ever have to do is miss out on one of the kids events. It makes me feel bad to choose.  I do not like Colin to wrestle unless one of us is there though, because I have witnessed so many kids getting broken.  So I told Cameron I was going to miss his game. He seemed ok with it after giving me a little grief.  He likes giving me grief.  Jim couldn't go either because he was the only one at city hall yesterday.  As it turns out, Preston got sick at school and Jim had to go get him so it was good Jim didn't leave to go watch Cameron.  Cameron had an amazing game again, he told me after he got home he made 8 points and got a lot of playing time.  He was excited about it even though they lost again.  
Colin had a pretty good day, but doesn't get to wrestle today. He started off his day by pinning his opponent.  Then he had to wrestle a kid who is ranked 1st.  Apparently the kid is ranked that way for a reason....he pinned Colin pretty swiftly.  
Colin knew he couldn't lose again or he was done. He pinned the guy in his 3rd match.  At this point I had to giggle because as I am watching Colin win, I get a text from Jim telling me Colin won by pin!  I guess he was watching on track wrestling!  
We then had a long, long wait for Colin's last match.  Saige was pretty good and even though she cleaned her bag of snacks (there isn't much else to do besides color and eat right?) she was patient and well behaved.  Colin helped entertain her by getting her to do weird stuff for his friends. 
I was not amused with them throwing in a dinner break.  But I did giggle when Colin told Saige he would wrestle her and she got so excited.  It was her moment on the mats I guess!  
For the record, he let her win.  And sometimes I really smile at how much my kids love each other.  
Colin ended up losing his last match.  I feel like he could have beaten that kid.  I feel like if they wrestled again, Colin would beat him, but yesterday he didn't get it done.  It did make him sort of sad because he wanted to go back today.  
I would rather watch wrestling than do laundry which is what I have to do today since this week was so long and crazy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment