Friday, January 29, 2016

Willy

The 4th grade class always does a wax museum for Grandparent's Day.  They host it on Kansas Day and all the kids have to pick a character from Kansas history to dress up as.  The kid then has a "button" and when you push it they say a little blurb about their character.  Most kids pick Amelia Earnhardt, Russell Stover or some other famous PERSON from Kansas.  And then there is Quincy.   She picked the KSU mascot, Willy the Wildcat.  She wanted a costume.  She wanted to BE the wildcat.  I was at a complete loss.  
Luckily, grandma has some mad hippy skills that come in handy from time to time.  She insisted that we could make a mask out of paper mâché.  I agreed to give it a try.  Last weekend, we got to work.  Quincy loved the process.....after all it is messy!  
It took about 3 days for it to get dry.  
Quincy painted it gray and I did my best to do the detail work.  Luckily for my (lack of) artistic ability, Willy doesn't have much detail!  
Willy does have teeth.  Quincy had a perfect solution, and cut apart her vampire teeth from Halloween!   That part makes me giggle.  But one little girl was thrilled with how it turned out.  
If Quincy is happy, I am happy!  
I heard Grandparent's day was a huge success!  

1 comment: