Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Just life




We somehow went from record breaking warm and early season tornados to frigid cold and snow. Life in Kansas keeps you guessing for sure!
Saturday, on the way home from church, I commented on how neat the snow looked on the trees in our driveway. I stopped and tried to get some pictures. The kids were not in optimal picture taking mode I guess. The snow still looked neat.








I had to work at the high school's play this weekend serving food. When I was leaving I asked the kids to clean up. Saige decided that piling everything on top of Cameron was the way to handle this task. I asked her why and she responded "because Cameron was really cold!" Well of course he was.






We had a lot going on Saturday, so I had been looking forward to vegging out with a movie when I finally got home. Around 9, a friend called to say their doe was kidding and seemed to be having problems. Quincy and I got dressed and made a goat midwife call. The doe did have some trouble, and had to have some intervention. All ended well with one big baby on the ground! Honestly, I enjoyed it. What's losing a little sleep in comparison to getting to witness such an amazing thing.




Preston went to a birthday party for one of his friends. They stayed up all night and he was a bit tired on Sunday! He had a great time! I get a kick out of these boys....always having a poker or Madden tournament.






Monday night, Harper was on the books for giving a part of the program at 4-H. She was very nervous. I set the expectation that she could to do something easy and short but that she had to get up there. She brought her pet project - Cupcake the cat. She told them literally "this is my cat Cupcake, she is a domestic longhair. " Worlds shortest project talk. But I am seriously very proud of her for getting up there. She is an incredibly shy kid. Next time will be easier.





No comments:

Post a Comment