Friday, March 31, 2017

Little disappointments in life.




Cameron did not win state FBLA president. He is a little disappointed. He did however, qualify for the national contest in Anaheim later in the summer! (Oh goody! more fundraising!!!). He was one of 7 kids from his chapter to qualify.
He doesn't want to talk about the loss yet.....he is understandably not pleased. I will say I am incredibly proud of him. Putting yourself out there, publicly announcing all your ideas, and being open to having your ideas criticized are not easy things. Taking the chance impresses me.




In our district, 5th graders attend Starbase for their field trip. It is 5 days of science at Forbes field. For whatever reason, All of our kids hate this field trip. Quincy has been dreading it for weeks because the older kids all told her how "awful" it is. She goes for 5 Thursdays in a row, and the first day was this week. She begged to stay home. She was absolutely grumpy about it. I gave her the standard mom lecture about things being what you make of them. And to please go in with a good attitude and try to learn something. She came home Thursday and told me "mom I DID learn something today!" I said oh yeah? That's awesome! What was it? She responded with "star base was just as awful as I thought it was going to be.....!!!" Gonna be a long month I fear!



No comments:

Post a Comment