Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Go time




Today was the day to set up the campaign booth at the state FBLA conference. All the art work that we have been working on, all the planning and ideas coming together was fun to see! Luckily the state conference is in Topeka, so that is extremely convenient! I ran up to help him set up when I got done with the bus route.




Cameron and I were both pleased with it. I was surprised at how many kids had professional grade vinyl banners and booths set up! I said something to Cameron about it, and he told me he is running a campaign based on ideas and goals and believes that is the best way to win.




One thing I noticed was how many people Cameron legitimately knew! Tons of kids, and adults from all over the state. He was not only visiting with them and knew what things they were Involved with, but he was telling me where they were from, and how he knew them. He seems to know everyone!




Cameron and his advisor Connie Lindell took a moment to pose in Kelsey's photo booth. Kelsey is from Santa Fe trail and is running for state secretary. She is a good friend of Cameron's.
Connie Lindell was my FBLA advisor when I was in high school. She also was my typing teacher (and I am told they don't teach a typing class any more!). She loves Cameron and has been a great influence on him. She is also retiring at the end of this school year. We are sad and tried to talk her into staying for Cam's senior year. She says she's just ready and it's time. We will miss her for sure!



No comments:

Post a Comment