Friday, May 26, 2017

Friday - part 1


We started out our Friday at the Royal Gorge. If you know us at all, you might be aware that I am not fond of heights, and have passed this on to some of our kids!


We all sucked it up, put on our brave pants, and rode the gondolas across the canyon to start our tour. I was really scared, but I am so glad I forced myself to see it this way, it was stunning! The scared kids agreed with this!



The boys decided to ride the skycoaster. It is a rip cord over the canyon. It basically made me want to cry, but they assured me it was amazing! I know Cameron was not even remotely scared since he was pretending to swim, fly, and
fixing his hair!



We, of course had to make a stop in the children's area. And because I was there, and feel that your trip should be at least 1% educational, we watched a film about the history and building of the royal gorge bridge!


Of course, we had to then walk across the bridge! Madison was not happy with this plan, but she did it! Quickly!


Which is why she wasn't in the photo of the Kansas flag on the bridge!

This is a neat stop and one I think we all enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment