Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Springtime

Our world right now is filled with babies! The kittens are adorable and fat little things as they have 2 mother cats nursing them! I will say I still find this incredibly strange! They also keep moving them. Currently, they are back in a box on the front steps. Neither of the mothers seems all that bright to me!

Quincy's peahen, Harriet is setting on a nest. Unfortunately, we dont have a peacock, so it is a useless thing for her to do! None of the incubator eggs were any good either!

The turkeys are getting feathers! They have enjoyed some time outside, with the warm weather making it possible. One had a pasty butt, and so we had to soak him in epsoms salts. He is no longer pasty, but he is not getting around very well either. My nursing team has been busy!


Spring also brings out snakes. My kids know my feelings on this issue. Don't kill the things that help contol vermin. However, this particular snake was a baby rattler, and we just could not let it go. Preston found it under the swingset while he was mowing! We are all walking a little lighter and inspecting under the swings before playing, as I figure a snake this size has a few siblings someplace!

No comments:

Post a Comment