Monday, May 1, 2017

A Long Rainy Weekend

 It was one of those weekends where all the plans got cancelled due to the weather.  This is not necessarily a bad thing, forcing a little time at home is always welcomed by me.  Quincy's end of the year band concert was not cancelled however!  Her band sounded great!  It is especially amazing when you realize these kids have only been playing for about 9 months.  The director probably deserves a medal or something!  Quincy does a good job on trombone, and I am proud of her for practicing and trying hard to learn.  I think band is a true bright spot in her day.
 These two - of course they would pick the same instrument!  Would never want to be apart right?  :)  When the concert was over, I could not find Quincy anywhere.  She was outside, and her and Landrie were playing trombone music in the parking lot!  They forgot to put out the donation cups
though!
We spent a great amount of time working around the house.  The kids were kind of growing weary of my ideas of projects to get done.  We actually accomplished some stuff that I had been meaning to do for a while now.  My list was longer than the attention span of these kids though.  I finally let them take a break and we went to look at the creeks and ponds around the neighborhood.  Since it was still somewhat raining, we were limited on our outing!  Luckily, I had forced them to clean so much, that even a drive around the countryside seemed like a treat!   

 They enjoyed seeing the low water bridge flowing over the top, and even listened to my lecture on flood water safety.  I had a hard time getting Quincy out of there, as there was a family fishing and she wanted to stay and see what they caught!  She also was sad she didn't have a pole in the car!  I guess we better get our van packed back up for summer activities!
Even though the weekend did not go as we planned, I truly enjoyed having time to spend with these crazy little people!

No comments:

Post a Comment