Saturday, September 9, 2017

Friday night lights


Cameron's team traveled to Burlington last night to take on the Wildcats. They had a pretty tough battle, but they won!

I was fortunate enough to get to drive one of the team buses. I hear a lot about kids "these days" not always good things, but these boys were courteous, thankful, and two of them were assigned 'bus duty for the night' and I am telling you not a crumb was left behind for me to clean off that bus floor. I enjoyed it a lot!

For me, the best part of driving the bus is stopping with the team afterward. I love watching teenage boys shove down unreasonable amounts of food while talking and laughing together. To me this is the good stuff.....what happens off the field. The friendships and the stories and the room full of boys acting like goofy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment