Saturday, December 9, 2017

A few things for the books 


I use this blog as my family's scrapbook and also as sort of a journal to write down things I don't want to forget.  The kids really do keep us entertained.  They are like a really, really expensive hobby.  This week, I had a text from the school nurse.  (Landrie's momma Dusty has been my best friend since we were in kindergarten - literally loved her all my life). Dusty said that Saige had been in because the lunch staff was worried she would swallow her tooth which was just hanging there.  Saige would not let her even touch it, much less pull it out.   I said well if she swallows it, she won't die and explained that Colin had traumatized her pulling out the last tooth.  When Saige came home from school, the tooth was literally crooked and barely in there.  She had a fit when I said I could pull it.  Then Mallory came home, took one look at her, reached in and yanked without telling her what she was doing. Needless to say, Saige was not real happy, but got over it quickly!  


I had a band board meeting this week.  There was a basketball game going on at the same time.  When I walked in the school, a whole bunch of people started asking me if Colin was ok?  I had no idea why they were acting concerned until one friend of mine pulled up his  twitter post saying he had been hit by a car.  Wait....what?   Needless to say, I sent a text.  He said yes, he was riding his bike across campus and a lady turned into him and knocked him off his bike.  He was fine, and the bike is fine, and he thought it was hilarious so he put it on twitter.  Yes.....getting hit by a car is hilarious- funniest thing I have ever heard (sarcasm).  The only thing that might be funnier is your mom finding out at a meeting.  He said if he had actually been hurt he would have called me.  I guess that makes it better right?   Right??  

As I sit down in the meeting, the band director starts off with a little story.  The band was playing a Christmas piece. It is a sort of difficult piece and the tuba section was complaining about the cut time.  Cameron told them he was going to call the composer and complain.  The band teacher said he laughed and said go ahead and do that.  The next thing he knows, Cameron is on the phone.  He googled the composer and there was a phone number. Cameron called, and the guy had answered the phone.  Cameron told him the piece was great and he especially liked the cut time part for the tubas.  The composer thanked him.   Mr. Quilling asked him why he didn't complain, and Cameron responded that he did not expect the guy to answer the phone and he lost his nerve.  Quilling said he did not know whether to laugh or give Cameron a detention.  

At this point, I just laugh because there are only so many tears that can be shed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment