Saturday, December 23, 2017

Waiting...

Harper could not decide what she wanted to do for her birthday.  She wasn't excited by the typical slumber party idea.  After several options were presented and she declined them all, I let it go for several days.   Early this week she asked if she could take 2 friends to the movies.  So we did that yesterday.  She wanted to see Ferdinand the Bull.  It was a cute movie, but considering every kid in there started wiggling and some were chatting, I think the movie might have been a little too long.  

The kids have officially started break. Luckily, we had Jim's family Christmas early, so there is new stuff to play with!   They are pretty anxious and not very good at being patient.  

Jim and I are those people who go shopping a couple of days before Christmas.  We usually go out for a nice dinner and then knock the shopping off in one night.  This year, we had a township Christmas party and then headed out.  We did not quite get done.  After literally waiting in lines that looked like the gates of hell had opened the other night, I decided I wanted a different stragedy.  So I made a list and left the house before the sun came up.  I got home at the literal crack of dawn, but I am done and I did not wait in a single line at all!   It always feels like Christmas when you finish shopping!  Now we just sit back and enjoy the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment