Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry little Christmas 

For those who know me well, you will already know that Christmas is not my favorite holiday. I always sort of think about it like Jesus was born in simplicity and quiet and we sort of missed the point.  The rushing, shopping, commercialization, and overblown craziness of the season is really just not for me.  When the shopping is done, and all the parties, rushing and events are over, I find great joy in the small, tender moments of the season.  I love a morning in our pajamas, laughing and talking and enjoying having some time together.  

This season with Madison being out of state has been harder than I thought it would be.  For as long as I can remember, she has ruled our kitchen.  It's not that we can't cook, she just enjoyed it so much that we let her!  I just miss her.  We all miss her.  I knew our kids would grow up and move out, but I honestly never thought they would be so far away.  Someday maybe, her path will lead her closer to home.  

One other thing about Madison, she's a compulsive cleaner.  When we got done opening gifts, the kids all asked who was gonna clean up when Madison is in Arizona!   They all had to pitch in.  :).  Mallory had me take a photo to send to Madison to prove that we actually know what trash bags are for!   

Now we are going to enjoy a nice holiday meal and go visit Aunt Geraldine.  I am very blessed on this day, and on all of my days I choose joy.  

The kids surprised Jim and I with canvas prints of these photos.  I absolutely love them.  Best gift ever - 8 amazing kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment